Monday 21 November 2011

The Good Shepherd



The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognise a stranger’s voice.  John 10:2-5

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one can snatch them out of my hand.  John 10:27-28
Isn't it good to know we have a good Shepherd who laid His life down for us, to rescue and redeem us.  who knows us by name and calls us and cares for us. Isn't it good to know that the bible says we WILL hear His voice and recognize Him, that He is a God that speaks and draws near to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment